How it works
- Flick left to delete. Flick right to space. A second space will insert a period.
- To change the current word or period, flick up or down. The punctuation list includes emoji! ☺️
- To read what you’ve typed, touch and hold the screen with three fingers.
Type faster with tap typing
FlickType supports regular touch typing where you explore the keyboard and then lift your finger to enter the desired character. But with tap typing, you can type up to three or four times faster without having to wait for character feedback on every letter. Just lightly tap where you think each letter is, and FlickType’s powerful algorithm will correctly guess the right word almost every time! Not the right word? Simply flick down to change it and just continue typing.
Use it everywhere
You can install FlickType as a custom keyboard that you can use directly inside all other apps. This makes it faster and much more convenient to use, without ever needing to switch apps. For more details, check out the Upgrade page.
- For shift, tap with two fingers. The next word you type will be capitalized.
- For faster access to numbers and common symbols, double tap anywhere with two fingers (also known as Magic Tap).
- Emoji: Double space to enter a period, then flick up to change it to one of your favorite emojis.
- Navigate sentences using a three finger flick, left or right. Use two fingers to navigate words or letters.
- Use the Dictionary option to review words that FlickType has learned from your typing.
- For a faster way to press the Return key, flick right and hold.
- On devices with 3D Touch, momentarily pressing harder on the screen while you explore the keyboard will toggle shift
- Low-vision users: the middle row of the keyboard, also known as the home row, is represented by a white horizontal bar.
- Low-vision and hearing-impaired users: whatever VoiceOver speaks is now also displayed in very large, high-contrast text right above the keyboard. The screen curtain gesture shows or hides the visual announcements.
Note: FlickType is always full screen. A half-screen option is planned for a future update.